can you recommend some books that I should read?
recently I have liked:
Jitterbug Perfume, Tom Robbins
The Lost Kingdoms of Africa, Jeffrey Tayler
Lullabies for Little Criminals (yeah, I know)
House on Mango Street, Sandra Cisneros
Mountains Beyond Mountains, Tracy Kidder
City of the Beasts, Isabel Allende
& NOT liked:
Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert
Hardboiled Wonderland & the End of the World, Haruki Murakami
PS here is the amazing track list to my "FUN SONGS FROM GUYANA" mix cd, it is awesome.
1. Timberlee ft Ward 21 - Bubble Like Soup
2. Brick & Lace - Love Is Wicked
3. QQ - Tek It To Dem (Rum Ram)
4. Macka Diamond - Hoola Hoop
5. Mr Vegas - Hot Wuk
6. Busy Signal - Unknown Number
7. Cham - Wha Dem Feel Like
8. Tanya Stephens - Boom Wuk
9. Collie Buddz - Come Around
10. Kat de Luna ft Elephant Man - Wine Up
11. Busy Signal - These Are The Fucking Days
12. Ding Dong - Go Away!
13. Beenie Man - Back It Up
14. Munga Honorable - Bad From Mi Born
I thought that was all I was going to write, but seriously, I cannot resist saying that "Go Away" & "Unknown Number" are absolutely 1000% hands-down two of the most fun songs not just of Guyana, but of my LIFE. I feel great as soon as I hear them. classic lyrics: "you! we nah like you! go away! go AWAY!", "if yuh know yuh number blocked nah badda call me, cause me nah gon answer even fi mi mommy".
- gangsta nah answer certain call